Monday, October 14, 2013

Today is a brand new day!

I didn’t post much about the foods I ate yesterday but not to worry, I’m not hiding anything! I ate a healthy breakfast of 1 scrambled egg, a slice of turkey and baby spinach between two slices of rye with seeds (seeds are healthy for you – you know!). Remember I mentioned that I think I should create a sandwich diet? This is why! and yesterday, my oldest son defended the good ole sandwich by making a statement something like, ‘ what’s wrong with that? I love sandwiches’- I think we were talking about making sandwiches with uncommon sandwich ingredients though I cannot recall what they were.

I skipped lunch :/ I know, bad choice against the advise I give. I think I had a few rice crackers and garlic dip leftover from our Oktoberfest party last weekend; I don’t believe that I have mentioned yet that I love dips too (sorry Dale, no pun intended, you’re definitely not a dip ;) )! I usually try to make healthy dips such as ones with a bean base and fresh herbs and veggies mixed in so that I can keep with the healthy eating and feel like I’m indulging. On a happy note, I learned this weekend that my cousin also has a weakness for dips (sorry Bryon, no pun intended, you’re absolutely not a dip either ;) ) teeheehee! And boy did she make a pretty fabulous pumpkin dip for ginger snaps!

Onto today. So far, so good but then again it’s only 11:30am. I made a delicious 2 egg omelet stuffed with about 1 cup of baby spinach, 1 thin slice of ham and a slice of Swiss. I served it atop even more baby spinach(after I took the picture) so it would wilt a little. Adding so much spinach means that I’ve gotten at least 2 servings of vegetables in today! The eggs I use come from a mile down the street, thank you farmer Clem! Any more local and they would be from my own back yard, which both of my brothers do; I doubt I will – though one never knows!

Though it’s not lunch time yet, I plan to have some of my leftover homemade chicken soup. It has a lot of veggies, not much sodium and it’s fresh!

My dinner plan is meatloaf. I usually add a lot of chopped (very tiny) vegetables like carrots, onion, celery, shredded cabbage, butternut squash, and any other veggie that I think would hold up inside a meatloaf well; I also add 2 eggs and ground flax seeds instead of breadcrumbs and sometimes crushed walnuts and apples & cranberries. We look forward to leftovers….yup, meatloaf sandwiches!
It’s never too late in the day to set an intention, even if you only have 2 more hours left in your day you could intend on no more snacking or one more glass of water even if it means a middle of the night bathroom run. My intentions for today – #1 drink water! 2, 3, and 4? 2-no bread today, 3-no sweets (no hard feat for me), 4-portion control

Follow your heart to reach your dream <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!