Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Today, I Begin

If you read ‘my story’ you have a pretty good idea of where I’m at in my life. Today is day one of my personal journey for weight loss and emotional growth. My goal is to lose at least 16 pounds. To some, 16 pounds doesn’t sounds like much of a journey but it doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose 5 pounds or 500 pounds, it’s your personal journey and it matters to you.

Upon weighing myself this morning, my current weight is 156 and I’m 5’4″ tall. I’m 50 years old, a young fifty thank you ;) I’m most comfortable with my weight being 135-140, at this point I’ll settle for 140, so my goal for now is 140 or 16 pounds. What’s my time limit? I don’t have one but if I had to choose I would say 4-6 months, either by my next birthday Feb 21st or just as Spring 2014 sets in.

My first steps are:
1- setting an intention – (check)
2- setting a goal – (check)
3- sharing it with you (check)
4- diet? no! Eat healthy? YES!
5- is there cheating? No such word on my journey…getting back on track daily is my rule and sharing honestly with you is my promise
6- I’m ready! Are you?

My intentions for today is to drink at least 50 ounces of water and to eat no less than 5 servings of vegetables and 1 fruit.

* Let me share with you that the foods I eat are whole foods, no boxed/processed/prepared foods. I don’t typically use frozen foods except perhaps frozen vegetables that have no seasonings or sauces, and I try to stick with organic as often as possible. I’m a label reader, it’s an important habit to adopt, I steer clear of MSG, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners and some natural sweeteners such as Stevia. Overall, my diet is healthy, my breakfast choices, portion sizes and lack of physical activity are often my ‘bad habits’. Being a health coach, I know what I should be doing, this is my inspiration to do it while helping you do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!