Thursday, October 10, 2013

Controlled Eating & Cravings

Today I tried to stick diligently to my intentions of more water, less bread and more vegetables today. I usually do very well with lots of vegetables and today was no different, For the most part my meals were portion perfect but my love for carbs won. I didn’t eat a lot of bread but I did have a few crackers and a small handful of potato sticks, something I typically don’t even have in the house.
Carbohydrate cravings are very similar to sugar cravings and addiction. I do have a carb addiction unfortunately. My cravings are rarely ever sweet, they’re actually almost never sweets but are always simple carbs; bread and pasta are first in line-I Love them!

Am I upset with myself for not doing as well as I planned today? Not at all. I’m more aware though of my weaknesses and can work to address them.

In the event that my example of dinner might help you find dinner ideas I’ll share with you. I roasted a chicken, I simmered peas, baked garnet yams and made a huge Ceasar salad. My personal chicken portion was only about the size of my palm, one small yam, about 1 cup of peas and a large bowl of salad. Simple to prepare since the oven does all the work.

Tonight’s not over, but I have a good handle on things (even while watching game 1 in the world series with my Red Sox sweatshirt on) snack later? Maybe but not necessary at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!