Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stinkin' Thinkin'

I'm feeling bulky, junky, chunky...I'm going to begin seriously cleaning up my diet better than I've been doing. Not to complain or bore with details but this is what is going on with me: I eat healthy most of the day, dinner time comes and I HAVE to cook for others, Dale and Ryan, who comment that there's not much meat, or this is all? etc...So, I cook enough or more hoping that there will be leftovers to build off of tomorrow and there rarely is. Really? Do you guys need all... that food?!!
Come time to eat, I usually take mine last, cook's etiquette, and I feel like OMG, they took it all, I need to take extra because they will finish it and I will starve. I know in fact that I will never starve. 

The other half of it is I'm always home, working from home. I feel somewhat quarantined from the world, especially in winter so I forage with the attitude that not many see me anyways.
This is all stinkin' thinkin'!
Even though the food I'm foraging for is usually healthy, I don't need extra.
The first steps I'll take is changing my mindset; 
  • It doesn't matter how much others eat, I won't go hungry
  • I'll eat only what I need and fill my time and space with a physical activity even if it's as dull as organizing a closet, pantry or the basement!
  • I'll get out of the house at least one day mid-week to be around people
  • Despite what others in the house prefer to eat, I'll cook only what I know is enough and healthy 
  
How is your thinking? What gets you during the winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!