Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Still Plugging Along

It’s been nearly a month since I last posted and to be perfectly honest, it’s because I have been focusing on my main blog, Initiate Wellness, and of course Christmas.

I had a little fun creating and posting 15 healthy dips in 30 days for the month of December, check them out-click 15 Dips. I’m a huge fan of dip, I’ve been known to mash a bunch of healthy foods together to create something smooth to dip veggies, tortilla chips, potato chips or pita chips into; most of the time it’s pretty good but sometimes, not so much.

For this new year, 2014, I’ve decided to adopt 26 new good habits – that’s one new habit every two weeks. While I usually drink plenty of water, I find myself drinking less in the cold months, and wow, has it been cold recently! So, for the first two weeks of January, I’ve made my intention clear, drink more water daily. By giving myself 2 weeks to practice a habit I’m usually used to doing, it will help reset my body and brain to grab a glass of water instead of coffee, tea or wine. I usually only drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the A.M. but I sometimes find myself making one between 1 & 3 pm. I’ve been making myself drink a glass of water first, then if I still want something hot, I’m allowing myself either green or herbal non-caffeinated tea.

The flu virus is going around the country pretty hard right now so I’m taking all the steps I know of to keep my immune system strong. This means citrus fruits, lots of vegetables, lean proteins and warming spices as well as plenty of water to flush out my system regularly.

What have you been up to lately?
If you were to choose a new habit, what would you choose and how would you go about it? Let us know – share your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!