Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Self control is easier when your mind and body is busy...

I was deep into my work today and didn’t think about food until my stomach growled ‘feed me’. Hunger felt good. We too often eat for several reasons from it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner time-even though we ate a big snack 10 minutes ago or because we’re meeting friends and that always involves food; a restaurant or at someone’s home, because we’re bored, watching TV, and many more so-called reasons.

I skipped breakfast, bad practice, because I was running a little close for work so decided I’d eat after my first client. Immediately after the client I began more work putting food off again until the growling began. I made a sandwich of ham and loaded it with spinach. That was my lunch which held me surprisingly until dinner. Remember, my mind was pre-occupied with work all day and it was a welcomed relief.

3:30 PM came around and I knew I needed to make a dinner plan. I rummaged through the refrigerator, reached for organic stewing beef I had, browned it in a large Dutch oven, added a dark locally brewed beer and some Italian herbs and simmered it for a few hours. It smelled delicious and warming. About 1/2 hour before serving I added potato chunks, carrots, celery, onion, 6 cloves of garlic, and simmered until the potatoes and carrots were tender; I tossed in a half bag of peas, warmed them and we enjoyed a warming, healthy hearty meal. The beef was fall apart tender and the entire meal was fast and simple to put together; I could continue working while it simmered gently.

Another day comes to a close with food choices under control and satisfaction with myself. I look forward to tomorrow, I look forward to inspiring you to follow your dreams, your goals and intentions and find great success and self-satisfaction too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!